Friday, August 28, 2009

**Happy Birthday Baby**

In the midst of wedding planning, my main squeeze is having a birthday! Just thought I would share with you what I wrote in his bee-day card...and then I will probably be explaining it! But kudos to those of you who know what I'm talkin' bout:


"Finally! We are the same age again. What a relief. Hip Hip Pooh-ray!* I want to remind you that this is your last birthday as a single guy. The next birthday you have you will be getting "Happy Birthday Hubby" cards with lame domestic comments like "Youre the grillmaster of my heart!" "No one cuts the lawn like you do honey!" and "You make my heart flutter when I see you making the bed". Rest assured you will prob never get a card that reads, "Your laundry skills have me all hot and bothered" (well thats not entirely true, but its a different hot and bothered...). A consolation prize indeed. Now I know what you are thinking. Holy hell! What am I in for this next year?" I can't tell you because I haven't a clue but I'm hoping for "epic".

While I'm no noob when it comes to gaming, I'll never be a Level 70 death knight ** with bad ass armor and a flaming skull cap with razor sharp weapons or even a fuzzy tailed creature pet from another dimension that skips and throws 15 damage. I would prob pull a Leeroy Jenkins*** if given the opportunity to engulf my fellow raiders in a burning flash of instantaneous death just so I could head to bed after a long day. I'm not what you would call a good teammate in virtual reality. H
owever, I can't help but aspire to be a Level 100 supporter,lover, friend, fan, confidant, and in a short time wife (!) of one of the greatest teammates I have ever had. So honey enjoy your birthday, I love you more and more every day and can't wait to see how epic this next year will be for you and I.

Happy 26th GB!

xoxo

me





* reference to a card GB gave me when we first started dating five years ago. aka inside joke

** this is clearly a World of Warcraft reference. I wont post specifics since I claim no further knowledge of the game even though secretly I might know more then I let on...

*** see video here for explanation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zll_jAKvarw


Wedding post coming up!






No comments:

Post a Comment