Friday, September 4, 2009

Getting Engaged! 9.8.2008.

We had been together for about four years, graduated college, and FI had just gotten back from overseas with the military in August 2008. We had moved into a townhouse and I started a my first career job in September. It was a whirlwhind of excitement to say the least! On my second day of work, I was driving home and recieved a call from my main squeeze telling me to, "Park in the front because the back lot was full.". That's weird, I thought but wasn't too suspicious. He then told me that he wanted us to go to my least favorite store in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD (which will remain nameless...) and that put me in a slighly foul mood -since I clearly do not like going there and all I wanted in the world was a nice hot bath. I parked in the front and in a little huff got out , only to find my FI on our porch with a bouquet of red roses and a smirk that spelled "Gotcha!" My mood melted and my face warmed as he told me he was proud of me for getting a job and that he was really glad to be home with me.(Awwwwwww :-) We kissed and I went to head inside to put the flowers in a vase. FI turns as I walk past him and says, "Hey will you do something for me?" I said "Sure, what?" and he said "Will you marry me?" And before he has time to get on his knee I am yelling "WHAT?!"
And jumped up and down laughing and crying!! I was thrilled, shocked, duped, astonished and exhausted! I even asked him, "Are you sure?"
We had never gone ring shopping or even really talked about it. He knew my ring size and that was about it so it definitely was a surprise.

How did your FI propose? Were you surprised?

1 comment: